Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Science Books for Preschoolers

As I am most often hosted by libraries, I see a lot of science books for preschoolers. I kid you not most of them are not good. Some are outdated, other incorrect, and some are misleading.

One entire series stands out Let's Read and Learn.

I generally don't like science books with drawings, I really prefer photographs, but this series does an excellent job of illustrating science concepts authentically. This series started in the 1990s and still has new books coming out.

A number of titles as a question - and I love that. Science is about exploring and that must start with a question. I wonder...? How does that...? What happens if...?

Many of these titles are available at your local library - check them out next time you and your preschooler have a question

No comments:

Post a Comment